- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is located next to the information point and car park.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from the council offices.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 96cm (3ft 2in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 158cm x 267cm (5ft 2in x 8ft 9in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a toilet roll holder.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There are two accessible toilets next to each other in the toilet block.
- They are both laid out with the transfer space on the right.
- The toilets are 10m from the nearest Blue Badge parking bay.
- The left hand toilet is opened by Radar key.
- The right hand toilet is not locked.
- Baby change facilities are located in the right hand Accessible toilet. The height of the baby change bench when extended is 89cm (2ft 11in).
- At the time of our visit (October 2013) the disposal bin was partially blocking the lateral transfer space in this toilet.
- There are also accessible and standard toilets available at the Nature Centre and Walled Garden.
Level Change (Toilets)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located at the door thresholds on the right of the block.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The toilets to the left of the block (including the two Accessible Toilets and one of the unisex parent and child toilets) have level access. The level path overcomes a slope in the surrounding ground.
- The toilets to the right hand side of the block have the step up at the door thresholds.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located both sides of the toilet block.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located both sides of the toilet block.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the unisex (parent & child) toilets.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 84cm (2ft 9in).