- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Connolly.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- The car park is next to Hampstead Apartments.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 520cm x 500cm (17ft 1in x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest designated bay is 108m (118yd) from the Entrance 2.
- The furthest designated bay is 109m (119yd) from the Entrance 2.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- This car park is for the residents of all the student accommodation blocks on campus.
- During the start and end of each semester, the bollards are removed from the car park to allow closer access to the blocks.
- This is avaialble at any time, on request, for residence with disabilities.
Outside Access (Entrance 2)
- This information is for the entrance located the inner courtyard.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 78cm (2ft 7in) wide.
- There are 3 other similar entrances to the apartments, in each of the corners of the inner courtyard.
Level Change (Entrance 2)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is also a moderate slope leading up into the inner courtyard, shown in photograph 2.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Customers cannot charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 2 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- The accessible facilities are located on the ground floor, by Entrance 2.
- There is level access from an accessible entrance.
- The room number viewed was V119A.
- The width of the door to the room is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- The dimensions of the clear floor space are 150cm x 300cm (4ft 11in x 9ft 10in).
- The bed is 58cm (1ft 11in) high.
- The measurement between the bed base and floor is 5cm (0ft 2in).
- Light switches are not within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm in the room.
- No emergency alarm is fitted in the room.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in accessible accommodation.
- The information relates to the shared bathroom.
- The dimensions of the bathroom are 110cm x 150cm (3ft 7in x 4ft 11in).
- The door opens inwards.
- The width of the door to the bathroom is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- The door is light.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm in the bathroom.
- No emergency alarm is fitted in the bathroom.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 41cm (1ft 4in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm in height.
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the sink is 82cm (2ft 8in).
- There is not a mixer tap.
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is not a lateral transfer space.
- Wall mounted grab rails are not available.
- There are mirrors.
- The mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- Disposal facilities are not available.
Bath and Shower
- There is not a bath.
Wheel In Shower
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The shower head height is adjustable.
- The type of shower controls used are lever.
- The shower seat is no seat.
- There are not handrails available.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible rooms
- The colour contrast between the external room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The colour contrast between the internal room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between external ensuite / bathroom door and wall is good.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible bathroom
- The colour contrast between the internal bathroom door and wall is fair.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the bathroom is fair.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- Flashing alarms and Vibrating pillows is available.
- Flashing fire alarms are available on request.
- Vibrating fire alarms are available on request.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
- There are 2 accessible rooms with wheel in showers.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- The shower in the adapted bathroom is accessed by a deep step.
- Larkfield Apartment residents use the laundrette in Hampstead Apartments.
- Please see the separate guide for Hampstead Apartments for more details.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- There is a landing.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are the rooms on floor 1 and 2.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.