Show Easy Read
- Related link Douglas Community Centre.
- Monday 09:00 - 13:00.
- Monday 14:00 - 19:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 13:00.
- Tuesday 14:00 - 17:30.
- Wednesday 10:00 - 13:00.
- Wednesday 14:00 - 17:30.
- Thursday 09:00 - 13:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 13:00.
- Friday 14:00 - 17:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The Library is closed every lunch time between 13:00-14:00.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Dundee.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Dundee.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 2 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 500cm (11ft 10in x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 32m (34yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 34m (37yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located in the car park.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 166cm (5ft 5in).
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 158cm (5ft 2in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the left as you face the entrance.
- The ramp/slope gradient is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 9 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are deep (18cm+).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- This information is for the entrance located within the community centre foyer.
- There is level access to the entrance.
- The doors opens towards you (pull).
- The doors is are double.
- The doors is are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 156cm (5ft 1in).
- The desk/counter is 3m (3yd 10in) from the library entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is low (76cm or lower).
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- The library does have computers with accessible software.
- Auxiliary aids are available for computer users.
- A large text keyboard, large rollerball mouse and height adjustable chair is / are available.
- The nearest accessible toilet is in the lounge of the community centre.
- Please see the Douglas Community Centre guide for details.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located in the main corridor past reception.
- The female and male toilets are 9m (29ft 6in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the unisex toilet.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- The photographs show the female and male toilets respectively.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Home visits / services are available.
- Deliveries can be made through the At Home Library Service.
- This service is operated out of Dundee Central Library, delivering library services to peoples homes.
- The service is available to Dundee City Council residents either in their own home, sheltered housing or care home. It is for those who have difficulty getting out independently, for those convalescing from an operation or those who would simply benefit from getting library resources delivered to their door.
- Library resources include ordinary or large print books, talking books, educational DVD's and music CD's.
- Library staff visit initially to discuss interests and needs and to arrange first delivery. There are 8 delivery days over each 3 week period, all during daytime hours.
- For more information, please contact the service on 01382 431 537 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.