Show Easy Read
Getting To The Hospital
- The main entrance to the Lister Hospital is located off Coreys Mill Lane.
- There are two bus stops just outside the grounds of the hospital. Bus stop A buses include: 55, 80, 300, 301, 386, 390, 635. Bus stop B buses include: 55, 80, 300, 301, 386, 390, 635, SB8, SB9.
- Link to getting to Lister Hospital.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at the hospital.
- The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is located in the main hospital corridor.
- The telephone number for the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is 01438 285 811.
- The email address for the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is [email protected]
- There are volunteers available for help and assistance at the hospital.
- Volunteers can be found at the main reception.
- Volunteers do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Hospital staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; Braille on request, large print on request and different languages on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area on the hospital site.
- No hospital staff receive deaf awareness training.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- BSL interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- Mobility aids are available to help patients move around and include; wheelchairs.
- There are wheelchair collection points at all main entrances.
- A fee of £1 is required to use the wheelchair(s).
Hospital Parking (Multi-Storey)
- The hospital does have a dedicated car park.
- The car park is located at the rear of the hospital site.
- The car park type is multi storey.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
- The maximum height is 210cm (6ft 11in).
- The car park does have a barrier control system.
- The barrier controls/touchscreen can be reached from the car.
- The car park surface is concrete.
- There is a/are clearly marked/signposted Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is/are 81 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the hospital car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 378cm x 689cm (12ft 5in x 22ft 7in).
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is a designated drop-off point.
- The drop-off point is located to the right as you face the main hospital entrance.
- There is a dropped kerb from the drop-off point.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There are parking charges for the hospital car park.
- Payment signs are provided.
- Payment signs are clearly presented.
- Payment signs are located at the payment machines in the hospital building.
- Payment signs do make it clear if parking charges apply to Blue Badge holders.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- Payment machines are located inside the hospital building.
- There is a payment machine at a convenient height for wheelchair users.
- There is a level turning space (minimum 185cm x 210cm) in front of the payment machine(s).
- To see the hospital parking charges please click here (opens new tab).
Access to the Hospital
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The hospital entrance is not clearly visible from the car park.
- The route from the car park to the hospital entrance is clearly signposted.
- The nearest designated Blue Badge parking bay is approximately 22m (24yd 2in) from the multi-storey lifts.
- Monday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Thursday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Friday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
Outside Access (Estates and Facilities)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of the building.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is stepped access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 87cm.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 1 step(s).
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the step(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The Estates and Facilities reception is located to the right as you enter.
- The reception area/desk is approximately 4m (4yd 1ft) from the Estates and Facilities entrance.
- Clear signage for the reception area/desk is visible from the entrance.
- There is step free access to the reception area/desk.
- The lighting levels at the reception area/desk are medium.
- The height of the reception desk is high (110cm+).
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the desk.
- There is not a low section of the desk (76cm or below) available.
- The desk is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is level access once inside.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Wayfinding signage is not available.
- Dementia friendly signage is not provided.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is carpet and vinyl/laminate.
- There is some flooring in corridors with a very shiny finish which could cause issues with glare or be perceived as slippery.
- There is some flooring in corridors with large, repeating patterns that incorporate bold contrasting colours or simulate steps.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Waiting Room / Area
- There is a waiting room / area.
- The waiting room / area is approximately 2m from the main entrance.
- There is level access into the waiting room / area.
- There is not a/are not door(s) into the waiting room / area.
- The type of flooring is vinyl/laminate.
- There is not a space for a wheelchair user to wait within the seating area.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- All chairs have armrests.
- Announcements are in person.
- The waiting room / area does not have background music playing.
- There is not a flashing fire alarm beacon within the waiting room / area.
- There is not a television.
- Vending machines are not available.
- A water dispenser is not available.
- There is not a play area or toys/books for a child to play with.
- There is space for an assistance dog to rest within the seating area.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located straight ahead as you enter.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 5m (5yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- An ambulant toilet with wall mounted grab rails is not available.
- Lighting levels are medium.