- Services/facilities within the venue include a golf pro shop.
- For the Castle Eden Golf Club - Clubhouse and Course AccessAble access guide please click here (new tab).
- Castle Eden Golf Club is located to the north of Hartlepool, just off the A19. From the A19 take the exit for Durham A181 and Blackhall B1281. Take the B1281 towards Blackhall and Castle Eden. The golf club is on the left after approximately 650m.
- There is parking at the front, and to the right of the clubhouse.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- The nearest bus stop is the Golf Clubhouse bus stop on Stockton Road, outside the golf club. The Wear Xpress X5 and indigo 206 buses stop at this bus stop.
- For more information on Go North East buses please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest Railway Station is Seaham.
- Seaham Station is approximately 8.7 miles from the golf club. Buses are available from Seaham Interchange to Castle Eden via Peterlee. Seaham Interchange is 0.7 miles from the train station. Take Wear Xpress X6 to Peterlee and change to the Wear Xpress X5 or indigo 206. Alternatively, taxis are available at Seaham station.
- For more information on Northern Rail please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- Staff do not receive deaf awareness training.
- British Sign Language interpreters cannot be provided on request.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; large print on request.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- The venue does have its own parking facilities.
- The car park is located at the front and side of the clubhouse.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park does not have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are not available.
- There is also an overflow car park for visitors.
Blue Badge Parking
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is/are 1 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 254cm x 473cm (8ft 4in x 15ft 6in).
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are no parking charges for the car park.
Access from the Car Park
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The entrance is clearly visible from the car park.
- The surface on the approach to the entrance is tarmac and concrete.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The nearest designated Blue Badge parking bay is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- There is not a/are not clearly marked drop-off point(s).
Outside Access (Pro Shop Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the shop, to the rear left of the clubhouse building.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is stepped access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance that might be perceived as a hole.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 83cm.
- The step(s) is/are located in the doorway.
- There is/are 1 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are not between 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 9cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are not between 30cm and 45cm.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
Opening Times (Summer)
- Monday 07:30 - 18:00.
- Tuesday 07:30 - 18:00.
- Wednesday 07:30 - 18:00.
- Thursday 07:30 - 18:00.
- Friday 07:30 - 18:00.
- Saturday 07:00 - 18:00.
- Sunday 07:00 - 18:00.
Opening Times (Winter)
- The venue is open from dawn til dusk.
- There is step free access inside the shop.
- There is clear space in the aisles.
- Background music is not played in the shop.
- The payment counter is located to the centre right of the shop as you enter and is 95cm high.
- There is a touchscreen for signing in for competitions at a height of 123cm.
- There is an easy slope leading to the right hand side of the shop.
- There is 1 medium height step (11cm) to access the front left area of the shop.
- The step is not clearly marked and does not have handrails.
- Golf carts are available to hire from the pro shop.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilets are located in the female and male locker rooms in the clubhouse.