Show Easy Read
- Services/facilities within the venue include a Pro Shop.
- Services / facilities within the grounds include an 18 hole golf course.
- For the Ponteland Golf Club AccessAble Access Guide please click here (new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- Staff do not receive deaf awareness training.
- British Sign Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; large print on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are not mobility aids available.
- The golf course is located within the village of Ponteland, near Newcastle. There are good road links to the golf course. The golf course is located just off the A696.
- The venue has its own parking facilities.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- Various buses stop near to the golf course. For more information please see the link below.
- For more information on Stagecoach bus services in the area please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest Railway Station is Cramlington.
- The nearest train station is Cramlington.
- For more information on Cramlington Train Station please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest Metro station is Airport.
- Airport Metro Station is the nearest metro station to the golf course. Buses run from the metro station to the golf course.
- For more information please click here (opens new tab).
- Please contact the venue for details of opening times.
- The venue does have its own parking facilities.
- The car park is located at the side of the clubhouse.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park does not have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a/are not Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are not available.
- All parking spaces are provided on a first come first served basis.
- There is an overflow car park for staff and visitors.
- The additional parking is located to the rear of the main car park. The surface of the additional parking is gravel. The parking bays in the additional parking area are not marked. There is a ramp leading from the main car park to the additioanl parking area. The ramp is steep. The ramp does not have handrails. The ramp is also used as the access road to the additional parking area.
- There are not parking charges for the car park.
Access from the Car Park
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The entrance is clearly visible from the car park.
- The surface on the approach to the entrance is tarmac and block paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- There is a/are clearly marked drop-off point(s).
- The drop-off points(s) is/are located to the right of the additional entrance.
- The route from the drop-off point(s) to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
Outside Access (Shop Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the shop.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is stepped access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance that might be perceived as a hole.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 78cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There is a member of staff available for assistance at this entrance.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 2 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between 15cm and 18cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are between 30cm and 45cm.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The counter is located to the rear of the Pro Shop.
- The counter is approximately 6m (6yd 1ft) from the shop entrance.
- The counter is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step-free access to the counter.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the counter.
- There are no windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the counter which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The counter is not placed in front of a background which is patterned.
- The lighting levels at the counter are good.
- The height of the counter is low (76cm or lower).
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- The counter is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system at the counter.
- The type of flooring in this area is carpet.
- There is not a waiting area close to the counter.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located in the clubhouse.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located in the clubhouse.