Getting Help and Assistance
- For a map of the racecourse please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- Staff do not receive deaf awareness training.
- British Sign Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; Braille on request and large print on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are not mobility aids available.
- There are hearing induction loops available. There are fixed loops and portable loops available. Please contact the racecourse for more information.
- The racecourse is just a few minutes from Epsom Town Centre on the B290 Epsom Downs Road or alternatively just off junction 9 of the M25. During the racing season, AA signs will mark all major approach routes. If you are using satellite navigation, please use the postcode KT18 5LQ.
- There is plenty of on-site car parking available for all conferences and events held at Epsom Downs Racecourse. During racedays car parking is available at various car parks on-site. Car parks are clearly signed with prices from £5.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- Metrobus operates a 460, 480 and 406F service which runs from Epsom Town Centre to Tattenham Corner Station. It is an easy way to reach the racecourse in just 3 stops.
- For more information on Metrobus please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest Railway Station is Tattenham Corner Station and Epsom Station.
- Epsom station is connected by both South West Trains and Southern Trains. Connections from London Waterloo and London Victoria. Take a 10 minute taxi or bus ride from the station. Please note that during The Investec Derby Festival a shuttle bus service runs from Epsom station. Tattenham Corner Station. Approximately 1/2 mile walk to the racecourse. Epsom Downs Station. Approximately 1 mile walk to the racecourse.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
Approach (Racecourse Crossing - Subway)
- The racecourse crossing is located to the left of the Tattenham Straight and to the right of the main trackside. There is a long slight slope leading down to the subway. There is step free access along the subway. There is a long slight slope leading from subway to the marquees on the other side of the track.
Outside Access (Winning Post Entrance)
- The entrance area/door is not clearly signed.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 160cm.
- The ramp/slope is located to the left of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is steep.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
Hospitality (Winning Post)
- There is step-free access within this area.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- The type of flooring in this area is carpet.
- The lighting levels are good.
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the room(s) is 70cm.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests on both sides.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Background music varies according to the function/event.
- There are double doors leading out to the trackside area. The doors open away from you and are 160cm wide. There is step free access around the viewing area. The surface of the viewing area is wooden boards.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) available within the room/suite.
- There are standard toilets available within the room/suite.
- There are not ambulant cubicles available in the standard toilets.
- There is not a separate parent and baby room within the room/suite.