Getting Help and Assistance
- For a map of the racecourse please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- Staff do not receive deaf awareness training.
- British Sign Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; Braille on request and large print on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are not mobility aids available.
- There are hearing induction loops available. There are fixed loops and portable loops available. Please contact the racecourse for more information.
- The racecourse is just a few minutes from Epsom Town Centre on the B290 Epsom Downs Road or alternatively just off junction 9 of the M25. During the racing season, AA signs will mark all major approach routes. If you are using satellite navigation, please use the postcode KT18 5LQ.
- There is plenty of on-site car parking available for all conferences and events held at Epsom Downs Racecourse. During racedays car parking is available at various car parks on-site. Car parks are clearly signed.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- Metrobus operates a 460, 480 and 406F service which runs from Epsom Town Centre to Tattenham Corner Station. It is an easy way to reach the racecourse in just 3 stops.
- For more information on Metrobus please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest Railway Station is Tattenham Corner Station and Epsom Station.
- Epsom station is connected by both South West Trains and Southern Trains. Connections from London Waterloo and London Victoria. Take a 10 minute taxi or bus ride from the station. Please note that during The Investec Derby Festival a shuttle bus service runs from Epsom station. Tattenham Corner Station. Approximately 1/2 mile walk to the racecourse. Epsom Downs Station. Approximately 1 mile walk to the racecourse.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
- There is step free access to the Parade Ring.
- The surface of the paths around the Parade Ring vary between grass and block paving.
- There is bench seating available.
- There are 1 to 4 steps leading to the front of Parade Ring viewing area.
- During the Epsom Derby Festival temporary steppings are put in place around the Parade Ring.
- There are viewing balconies overlooking the Parade Ring on the Duchess's Stand first and second floor and Queen's Stand on the first, second and third floors.
Eating and Drinking (Hyperion Bar)
- The following information is for the bar.
- The bar is located next to the Parade Ring.
- There is ramped/sloped or stepped access to the bar.
- Food and/or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- The height of the service counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm) .
- There is not a lowered section of the counter.
- There is not a hearing assistance system .
- There is step-free access within the bar.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Background music varies according to the function/event.
- The type of flooring in this area is grass.
- Plastic/takeaway cups are available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- The Winners Circle is located in the trackside area in front of the Queen's Stand.
- There is step free access to the winners circle via the Premier Trackside area however there is a steep slope on the trackside area.
- The surface of the paths around the Winners Circle is block paving.
- On the mezzanine level of the Queen's Stand there is an external viewing area which overlooks the Winning Circle.
- The Winning Circle can also be seen from the trackside viewing balconies on the Queen's Stand first, second and third floors.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located within the Course office, Duchess's Stand and Queen's Stand.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located within the Course Office, Duchess's Stand and Queen's Stand.
Related Access Guides
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting Counters around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.