- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Chigwell.
- The venue is situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Chingford.
- The nearest underground station is Chigwell.
- Monday 09:00 - 13:00.
- Tuesday Closed.
- Wednesday Closed.
- Thursday 00:00 - 00:30.
- Friday 14:00 - 18:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located to the right of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 420cm x 510cm (13ft 9in x 16ft 9in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 9m (9yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on Hainault Road.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The bell is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (away from you).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 188cm (6ft 2in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the right as you face the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located to the left as you face the entrance.
- There is/are 2 step(s) to the area/service.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The reception desk is 6m (19ft 8in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is medium height.
- The desk has a lowered section.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use system.
- There is a self service desk 5m from the main entrance with a screen height of between 110cm and 140cm.
- The photographs show the enquiry desk and the self service desk respectively.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- The library does have computers with accessible software.
- Accessible software includes JAWS and Zoomtext.
- Auxiliary aids are available for computer users.
- A height adjustable chair is / are available.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- The photograph shows the wheeled walker that is available for persons with mobility impairments to use within the library.