- Related link Rayleigh Library.
- The registrar office and waiting area is to the left of the reception, 32 metres from the library entrance.
- Please check in at the library reception and then take a seat in the registrars waiting area.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Rayleigh.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located at the side of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 460cm x 610cm (15ft 1in x 20ft).
- The nearest designated bay is 25m (27yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 30m (32yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
- The maximum height is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located at the front of the venue.
- Blue Badge holders may use the staff car park with permission.
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday Closed.
- Wednesday Closed.
- Thursday Closed.
- Friday Closed.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on High Street.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in).
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 130cm (4ft 3in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located to the left as you face the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 4 step(s) to the area/service.
- The lighting levels at the step(s) are medium.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
Reception (Hello Desk)
- The desk/counter is 23m (25yd 6in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
Outside Access (Register Office Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the left of the reception.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single (with a locked extension leaf).
- The door(s) is / are light.
- The width of the door opening is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- The door width is 114cm when the extension leaf is opened.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are welcomed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the female standard staff toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
- The baby change facilities can be used by the public, however a member of staff will need to be asked.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Home visits / services are not available.