- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Hockley.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Battlesbridge.
- Monday Closed.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 13:00.
- Wednesday 13:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 13:00 - 17:00.
- Friday Closed.
- Saturday 09:00 - 13:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the back of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There are 1 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 360cm x 470cm (11ft 10in x 15ft 5in).
- The nearest designated bay is 35m (38yd) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is removable post at the entrance to the car park.
- This is removed when the library is open.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in) wide.
- There are electronic barriers located just beyond the entrance and they are 100cm wide.
- The desk is 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is medium height.
- The desk has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There is a self service desk 5m from the main entrance with a screen height of between 110cm and 140cm.
- The photographs show the enquiry desk and self service desk respectively.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- The library does have computers with accessible software.
- Accessible software includes JAWS and Zoomtext.
- Auxiliary aids are available for computer users.
- A large rollerball mouse is / are available.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.