Show Easy Read
- For up to date opening times, please use the following linkLibrary Opening Times.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Waltham Abbey.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Theobalds Grove.
- Monday 09:00 - 17:30.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:30.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:30.
- Thursday Closed.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:30.
- Saturday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Quaker Lane.
- The car park is located on Quaker Lane.
Blue Badge On Street Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
Standard On Street Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There are 4 designated parking bays in the car park. The bays are 370cm x 540cm.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on Sun Street.
- There is level access into the venue.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 155cm (5ft 1in).
Second set of doors
- There is a small raised threshold in the doorway.
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 130cm (4ft 3in).
- The desk/counter is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- The hearing assistance system is not signed.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- The hearing assistance system was tested by an AccessAble surveyor.
- The hearing assistance system was tested on 17/02/2020.
- The hearing loop was working at the time of testing.
- There is a touch screen.
- The touch screen is not at a suitable height for a wheelchair user.
- There is level access to the service.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- The library does have computers with accessible software.
- Accessible software includes JAWS and Zoomtext.
- Auxiliary aids are available for computer users.
- A height adjustable chair is / are available.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
- The museum next door has toilets and changing facilities available.
- They are open 10:00-16:00 during the week, and 10:00-17:00 on Saturdays.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is normally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level 1.
- The photograph shows the children's area.