- The information in this section was taken in July 2021.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Location of Room(s)
- The Lantern is/are located in the Hamish Wood Building, hanging above the main entrance lobby, accessed via the platform lift on level 2, and directly opposite as you leave the lift.
- To view the AccessAble access guide for Hamish Wood Building please click here (new tab).
- Directional and locational signage for the room(s) is not available in upper and lower case lettering that is clearly visible.
- The door opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the room(s).
- The door(s) for the room(s) is/are not push pad activated.
- The height of the lectern is 104cm.
- The lectern is not height adjustable.
- There is not a hearing assistance system for the room(s).
- There is not a visual fire alarm beacon in the room(s).
- There is not fixed furniture within the room(s).
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre within the room(s).
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the room(s) is 70cm.
- A height adjustable table/bench is not available.
- There are no chairs with armrests on both sides within the room(s).
- Floor coverings in the room(s) are not even.
- There are sunken ventilation grids in the floor. The photographs show alternative seating and table arrangements depending on usage.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located at the right rear of the main entrance lobby.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G, 1 and 2.
- Wall mounted information boards are not provided at lift landings.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The lift door is manual, heavy and opens outwards.
- The dimensions of the lift are 110cm x 150cm (3ft 7in x 4ft 11in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- This lift gives access to the Lantern Room only at level 2.