- Services / facilities within the building include Glasgow Club Pollok, Pollok Library, Pollok Citizens Advice, Pollok Health Centre, Community Museum, Macmillan Drop In, Life Link, Rising Stars Nursery, Café Realm and a community room.
- Services / facilities within the grounds include Silverburn Shopping Centre.
- Related link Glasgow Club Pollock.
- Related link Pollok Library.
- Related link Pollok Civic Realm.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Glasgow.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Priesthill & Darnley.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located to the front, right and rear of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 9 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 320cm x 630cm (10ft 6in x 20ft 8in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 18m (19yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 56m (61yd 9in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located beyond the Pollok Library security barriers.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G, 1.
- Wall mounted information boards are not provided at lift landings.
- The lift is approximately 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 89cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 92cm x 138cm (3ft x 4ft 6in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 32m (34yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located to the left as you exit the lift.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
- This is by lift.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 165cm x 284cm (5ft 5in x 9ft 4in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 84cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are general domestic waste and sanitary disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 105cm (3ft 5in).
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The accessible toilet also serves as a standard unisex toilet.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- For baby change facilities please see the separate guide to Pollok Civic Realm.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.