- The Victoria Wing is located on Level 3 of the Main Hospital Building.
- The Victoria Wing is open to visitors 24 hours a day.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located immediately outside the main entrance.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 6 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 340cm x 420cm (11ft 2in x 13ft 9in).
- The nearest designated bay is 18m (19yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 30m (32yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the main building.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 106cm (3ft 6in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open automatically (towards you).
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in) wide.
- This entrance gives access to level 1 of the main building.
- Manual wheelchairs are available to transfer patients.
- This is a/an Private Wing ward.
- This is a shared ward.
- There is/are 19 side room(s) available.
- There is/are 19 bed(s) on this ward in total.
- There is a/are door(s) leading into the ward.
- The door(s) open(s) both ways.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 145cm (4ft 9in).
- There is level access throughout the ward.
- There is clear signage on the ward.
- The type of flooring is vinyl/laminate.
- There is some flooring on the ward with a very shiny finish which could cause issues with glare or be perceived as slippery.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The height of the Nurses' Station desk is 118cm.
- There is not a lowered section.
- There is not a hearing assistance system available at the desk.
- There is not a relatives room for the ward.
Example Side Room
- There are multiple side rooms available with accessible ensuites.
- The side room surveyed does have an accessible ensuite.
- The width of the door opening into the side room is over 75cm.
- The side room surveyed does not have a ceiling track hoist.
- There is not sufficient space next to the bed for a mobile hoist to operate.
- There is room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre around the bed.
- Bedside storage is available.
- The colour contrast between the walls and the floor in the side room is good.
- The lighting levels in the side room are bright.
- The width of the door opening into the ensuite is under 75cm.
- There is not a clear unobstructed turning space within the ensuite.
- The fixtures/facilities available in the ensuite include; a bath, a toilet and a wash basin.
- The colour contrast between the walls and the floor in the ensuite is good.
- The lighting levels in the ensuite are medium.
Ward Features and Patient Facilities
- A hearing assistance system is not available on the ward.
- The ward does play background music.
- There is a chair with armrests on both sides.
- A mobile hoist is available on the ward.
- There are no accessible toilet facilities on the ward for visitors.
- There are no standard toilet facilities on the ward for visitors.
- The washroom surveyed has a wheel in shower, a toilet and a wash basin.
- There is/are 1 washroom(s) of this type in the ward.
- The washroom surveyed is located to the left of the corridor.
- There is step free access to the washroom surveyed once inside the ward.
- This is a shared washroom.
- The washroom is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is written or text signage on or near the washroom door.
- The washroom door(s) open(s) inwards.
- The door(s) is/are locked by a twist lock.
- The door(s) is/are light to open.
- The width of the door opening is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the washroom are 235cm x 245cm (7ft 9in x 8ft).
- The washroom does have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor).
- There is not a flashing fire alarm beacon within the washroom.
- There is not a coat hook in the washroom.
- There is a mirror.
- There is not a tall mirror, with suitable specifications, for ease of use.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the wash basin is 83cm.
- There are no wall-mounted grab rails for the wash basin.
- The tap type is lever. It is a mixer tap.
- There is a soap dispenser.
- The soap dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the soap dispenser is 110cm.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the towel dispenser is 120cm.
- There is not a hand dryer.
- Disposal facilities are available.
- The washroom has a non-slip floor.
- The washroom surveyed does not have a ceiling tracking hoist.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 43cm (1ft 5in).
- The toilet has a wall which can act as a back rest.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 145cm.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There are no wall-mounted grab rails for the toilet.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 50cm.
- There is not a colostomy changing shelf for standing users next to the toilet.
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The shower head is height adjustable.
- The shower control type is twist/turn.
- There is a flip down/tip up seat for the shower.
- The height of the flip down/tip up or fixed seat is 56cm (1ft 10in).
- There are wall-mounted grab rails available.
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The colour contrast between the external washroom door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the internal washroom door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The colour contrast between the shower wall-mounted grab rails and wall is poor.
- The colour contrast between the washroom floor and walls is poor.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are available in different languages.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There is not a dog toilet or toileting area.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.