- Services / facilities within the building include tours for Camerons Brewery and a bar.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Hartlepool.
- There is a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are hand held.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is a one-way system throughout.
- The one-way system is not clearly marked/signed.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- Toilets are available.
- Monday Closed.
- Tuesday Closed.
- Wednesday 12:00 - 16:00.
- Thursday 11:00 - 23:00.
- Friday 11:00 - 23:00.
- Saturday 12:00 - 23:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- Brewery Tours are by appointment only.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located to the left as you face the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 0 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are level changes with no dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is stepped access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 94cm.
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 73cm.
- The step(s) is/are located in the doorway.
- There is/are 2 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between 15cm and 18cm.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the bar.
- The bar is located to the right as you enter.
- The bar does not serve food.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- The standard height for tables is 72cm.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Children are welcomed in the bar area.
- Brewery tours are available.
- The tour of the brewery incorporates multiple steps and ramps/slopes.
- There is a chair lift covering the first set of steps on the tour.
- Some of the ramps/slopes are steep.
- Some of the steps are deep.
- There are some steps with handrails on both sides.
- Throughout the tour, the tour will visit areas that can be either very hot or very cold.
- Throughout the tour, the tour will visit areas the can be very loud or have sudden noises that can startle.
- There are limited opportunities to sit during the tour and the tour can take around 1.5 hours.
- It is advised that you contact the venue in advance of any tour to discuss any accessiblility requirements you may have and to assess whether the tour is suitable or not.
- The staff are very friendly and accommodating and will be able to provide further information.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is tactile and pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located ahead as you enter.
- There is not level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a sliding bolt.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 147cm x 216cm (4ft 10in x 7ft 1in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located to the rear of the venue.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Level Change (Accessible and Standard Toilets)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in the corridor leading to the accessible and standard toilets.
- The ramp/slope gradient is slight.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.