- Haydock Park is located just one mile from junction 23 of the M6. On racedays, anyone travelling from the South on the M6 should exit at Junction 23 and turn right onto the A580 East, the main entrance is on your left after half a mile (please follow signs). From the North of the M6, visitors should exit at Junction 23 and turn left onto the A580 East, the main entrance is on your left after half a mile (please follow signs). From the West and East, please use the A580 and follow the signs to Haydock Park or use the postcode WA3 3QP on your Sat Nav. Racegoers with reserved car park passes and coach parties should enter the course from the A49. The main car park is accessed from the A580 East. For Sat Nav users, please enter the postcode WA3 3QP
- Visitors can travel to the racecourse by bus using the following services. The 620 (St Helens to Hindley Green via Ashton and Haydock) and the 320 (St Helens to Wigan via Ashton and Haydock). For journey times please call 0871 200 2233 or visit the website. • Liverpool Bus Service: A 'Peoplesbus' Bus Service (the 520) will be running from Liverpool City Centre to Haydock Park on every Saturday raceday from January 2018. The bus service will use the pick up stop on St Johns Lane (next to St Johns Gardens/St Georges Hall) and the bus stop opposite the Showcase Cinema on the East Lancashire Road in Croxteth - Haydock bound, near the petrol station. The bus is registered to leave Liverpool ninety minutes before the first race and Croxteth seventy minutes before. Fares: - Child Single - £4.30 - Child Return - £7.00 - Adult Single - £5.90 - Adult Return - £10.00 The bus will depart from the Racecourse back to Liverpool fifteen minutes after the final race. For more details of Peoplesbus service visitwww.peoplesbus.com or contact their customer service team on 0151 523 4010. Read more athttp://haydock.thejockeyclub.co.uk/plan-your-race-day/visitor-information/directions-parking#0SDyUoTgqJhRUsme.99.
- For more information on Arriva Buses please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest Railway Station is Newton-le-Willows.
- The nearest train station to Haydock Park Racecourse is Newton-le-Willows, available on trains running from Manchester Piccadilly, Victoria and Oxford Road to Liverpool Lime Street. On the main London to Glasgow line the nearest stations are Warrington Bank Quay and Wigan North Western which are both approximately 8 miles from the racecourse. For detailed rail information please call 0845 000 0125.
- For more information on Newton-le-Willows station please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- For a map of the Racecourse please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
Approach (Makerfield Lawn Bar)
Outside Access (Makerfield Lawn Bar)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the bar.
- The entrance area/door is not clearly signed.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance that might be perceived as a hole.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are double width but one door is locked.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 84cm.
- There is a member of staff available for assistance at this entrance.
- The whole front of the Makerfield Lawn Bar can be opened up depending on the weather.
Eating and Drinking (Makerfield Lawn Bar)
- The following information is for the bar.
- The bar is located opposite the Makerfield Stand.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food and/or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food and/or drinks can be brought to the table.
- The height of the service counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- There is a lowered section of the counter.
- There is not a clear knee recess beneath the low/lowered section of the counter.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is step-free access within the bar.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- The type of flooring in this area is carpet and tiles.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- Plastic/takeaway cups are available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Children are welcomed in the bar area.
- The lighting levels are good.
Lawn Seating Area
- The Makerfield Lawn Bar seating area is set up on racedays.
- Table and chairs are placed on the lawn in the enclosed fenced area.
- This area is opened weather permitting.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located in the Grandstand & Paddock and County Enclosure.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located in the Grandstand & Paddock and County Enclosure.
Related Access Guides
- To view other DisabledGo access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting Counters around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.