- Haydock Park is located just one mile from junction 23 of the M6. On racedays, anyone travelling from the South on the M6 should exit at Junction 23 and turn right onto the A580 East, the main entrance is on your left after half a mile (please follow signs). From the North of the M6, visitors should exit at Junction 23 and turn left onto the A580 East, the main entrance is on your left after half a mile (please follow signs). From the West and East, please use the A580 and follow the signs to Haydock Park or use the postcode WA3 3QP on your Sat Nav. Racegoers with reserved car park passes and coach parties should enter the course from the A49. The main car park is accessed from the A580 East. For Sat Nav users, please enter the postcode WA3 3QP
- Visitors can travel to the racecourse by bus using the following services. The 620 (St Helens to Hindley Green via Ashton and Haydock) and the 320 (St Helens to Wigan via Ashton and Haydock). For journey times please call 0871 200 2233 or visit the website. • Liverpool Bus Service: A 'Peoplesbus' Bus Service (the 520) will be running from Liverpool City Centre to Haydock Park on every Saturday raceday from January 2018. The bus service will use the pick up stop on St Johns Lane (next to St Johns Gardens/St Georges Hall) and the bus stop opposite the Showcase Cinema on the East Lancashire Road in Croxteth - Haydock bound, near the petrol station. The bus is registered to leave Liverpool ninety minutes before the first race and Croxteth seventy minutes before. Fares: - Child Single - £4.30 - Child Return - £7.00 - Adult Single - £5.90 - Adult Return - £10.00 The bus will depart from the Racecourse back to Liverpool fifteen minutes after the final race. For more details of Peoplesbus service visitwww.peoplesbus.com or contact their customer service team on 0151 523 4010. Read more athttp://haydock.thejockeyclub.co.uk/plan-your-race-day/visitor-information/directions-parking#0SDyUoTgqJhRUsme.99.
- For more information on Arriva Buses please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest Railway Station is Newton-le-Willows.
- The nearest train station to Haydock Park Racecourse is Newton-le-Willows, available on trains running from Manchester Piccadilly, Victoria and Oxford Road to Liverpool Lime Street. On the main London to Glasgow line the nearest stations are Warrington Bank Quay and Wigan North Western which are both approximately 8 miles from the racecourse. For detailed rail information please call 0845 000 0125.
- For more information on Newton-le-Willows station please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- For a map of the Racecourse please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
Approach (Enclosure to Trackside)
Grandstand - Trackside
- There is step free access throughout the Trackside area.
- The surface of the flooring is tarmac and grass.
- There is slight slope or 1 to 3 steps leading down to a betting counter and the Trackside Bar.
- There are tables and chairs available.
- There are picnic benches available.
Paddock - Trackside
- The Paddock Trackside area is located next to the Parade Ring.
- There is step free access to the Trackside.
- There are tables and chairs next to the track.
- There is bench seating available.
Makerfield Stand - Steppings
- There are 15+ clearly marked steps leading from the Trackside to front of the steppings.
- There is 1 clearly marked step to access the the rear of the steppings from the Makerfield Stand first floor.
- There are 1 to 8 steps from the front of the steppings to the rear.
- The steps are 18cm high.
Designated Seating Area(s) (Final Furlong Bar - First Floor)
- There is step-free access to the designated seating area.
- The designated seating area(s) is/are not clearly marked/signed.
- The view from the seating area is good.
- There is/are 2 designated space(s) for wheelchair users in the seating area.
- There is sufficient space for an assistance dog to rest.
- There is not a dedicated steward to provide assistance.
- There is an accessible toilet close to the seating area.
- There is a set of double doors that are 160cm wide leading out to the designated seating area from the Final Furlong Bar.
Grandstand - Steppings
- There is step free access from the Trackside to the front of the steppings.
- There is step free access from the Grandstand First Floor to the rear of the steppings.
- There are 1 to 15+ clearly marked steps from the front of the steppings to the rear of the steppings.
- The steps are 18cm high.
- There are stanchions available.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located within the Makerfield Stand.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located within the Makerfield Stand.
Related Access Guides
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting Counters around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.