- The information in this section was taken in February 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Monday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 10:00 - 18:00.
- Friday Closed.
- Saturday 09:00 - 13:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Baldock.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Blue Badge Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are available.
- The dimensions of the marked Blue Badge bays are 200cm x 600cm (6ft 7in x 19ft 8in).
- On street Blue Badge parking is located on Simpson Drive and High Street.
On Street Standard Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- Standard marked parking bays are located on Simpson Drive and High Street.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Free parking for 2 hours is available on Simpson Drive and High Street.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of the venue, on Simpson Drive.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 107cm.
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The automatic door(s) is/are push pad or push button activated.
- The push pad or push button is 90cm from floor level.
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The width of the door opening is 83cm.
- The ramp/slope is located between the first and second set of doors.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is steep.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 145cm (4ft 9in).
- The lighting levels at the ramp/slope are moderate to good.
- There are security barriers inside the main entrance with a width of 96cm between them.
- The desk/counter is 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is low (76cm or lower).
- The lighting levels are good.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- The hearing assistance system is signed.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- The hearing assistance system was tested by an AccessAble surveyor.
- The hearing assistance system was tested on 24/02/2022.
- The hearing assistance system was working at the time of testing.
- There is a touch screen.
- The touch screen is at a suitable height for a wheelchair user.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are good.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- The library does not have computers with accessible software.
- Auxiliary aids are available for computer users.
- A large text keyboard, large rollerball mouse and height adjustable chair is / are available.
- Equipment available for people with a visual impairment includes a magnifier.
- The library does have a regular supply of books in audio format for adults only.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- Home visits / services are available.