- Services / facilities within the building include a meeting room and accessible toilet.
- Please contact the venue for details of opening times.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Bricket Wood.
- The nearest bus stop is served by the number 361 to St Albans/Garston and the 635 to Hatfield/Watford.
- Bricket Wood Railway Station is approximately 1 mile from the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located off Mount Pleasant Lane, on the far right as you face the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 1 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 234cm x 450cm (7ft 8in x 14ft 9in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 15m (16yd 1ft) from the entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The car park is cambered towards the venue.
- There is a small lip from the car park to the approach path.
- Unmarked on-street parking is available on Mount Pleasant Lane.
- This information is for the access point located on Mount Pleasant Lane.
- There is not an information board/map at this access point.
- There is stepped access at this access point.
- There is an open gap for access.
- The gate is easy to open.
- The gate has a padlock.
- The gate was locked at the time of survey due to covid 19 restrictions.
The gate may be open and in use in the future.
- The step(s) is/are located leading from the gate to the main entrance.
- There is/are 10 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 18cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are not between 30cm and 45cm.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on the left going up.
- Handrails are at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- There is a second lower handrail.
- There is gap between the handrail and the steps that is approximately 32cm.
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is an intercom.
- The height of the intercom is 83cm (2ft 9in).
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 160cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played depending on the activity.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are good.
- The meeting room is on the left as you enter the venue.
- A key code is required to enter the room.
- The door opens away from you (push).
- The door opening width is 78cm.
- The surface of the flooring is carpet and linoleum.
- There is a kitchenette in the room.
- There is a hand basin.
- The hand basin is at a height of 90cm.
- Chairs with and without armrests and tables are available.
- The lighting levels are good.
Accessible Toilet (Right Transfer)
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 4m (4yd 1ft) from the entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located to the rear right of the foyer.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- The door is easy to open.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 130cm x 217cm (4ft 3in x 7ft 1in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 89cm (2ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary and waste paper pedal bin disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf has the minimum dimensions of 12.5cm x 40cm.
- The shelf is at a height of 51cm.
- The shelf is located where it is reachable.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Home visits / services are not available.