- Celtic Harmony provides a program of events and archery courses for schools and the local community, to encourage participation in healthy recreation and a greater understanding of ancient crafts from archery to storytelling.
- This village experience shows the typical life and activies from stone age to iron age Britain.
- Please contact the venue to see the extensive range of activities.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Hertford North.
- Celtic Harmony Camp is also accessible by bus. The Arriva bus 308 (Tues/Thurs/Sat) drop off point is a 10min walk from the camp. Please check with Arriva for any changes to the timetable.
- The venue has seasonal opening times.
- Summer 10.00 - 17.00.
- Winter 10.00 - 16.00.
- Times may vary due to booking and events.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located to the right of the main drive.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Blue Badge holders are allowed to park next to the main entrance.
- The car park is unsurfaced.
- The pathways around the main camp are compact earth and gravel and are uneven.
- Wheelchair users may require/need assistance.
- The pathway through the wood is mainly a wooden walk way, there are some areas on the path that can be muddy depending on the weather.
- If you require assistance please ask a member of staff.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the cafe.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 6m (6yd 1ft) from the service counter.
- The standard height for tables is 74cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- There is a souvenir shop within the cafe.
Accessible Toilet (Ambulant)
- There is an/are accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 4m (4yd 1ft) from the entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located to the left of the camp entrance.
- There is not level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a sliding bolt.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 160cm (4ft 11in x 5ft 3in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is not a lateral transfer space.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 42cm (1ft 5in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the ambulant toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 90cm (2ft 11in).
Level Change (Standard Toilets)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located on the path leading to the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on the right going up.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located to the right as you face the entrance.
- There is/are 3 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets that were surveyed are located to the left of the camp entrance.
- The unisex toilet(s) is/are 4m (4yd 1ft) from the entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the unisex toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is normally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level 1.