Show Easy Read
Related Access Guides
- Knebworth House link (new tab) - click here.
- Knebworth House - Gift Shop link (new tab) - click here.
- Knebworth House - Park and Gardens link (new tab) - click here.
- Knebworth House - Knebworth Barns Conference And Banqueting link (new tab) - click here.
- Knebworth House - Fort Knebworth Adventure Playground link (new tab) - click here.
- Knebworth House - Cobbold Barn link (new tab) - click here.
- Monday 11:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 11:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 11:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 11:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 11:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 11:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday 11:00 - 17:00.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Knebworth.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 3 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 18m (19yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 24m (26yd 9in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are loose chippings.
- The car park surface is loose chippings.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The Blue Badge bays are not marked out but are clearly marked with a sign.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 83cm (2ft 9in).
- There is an indentical entrance next to the entrance detailed.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the venue.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Photographs 3 and 4 show the payment counter just beyond the serving counter.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the cafe.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- The standard height for tables is 72cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- There is additional seating outside the main entrance in the courtyard.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest accessible toilet is in the car park area.
- Please see Knebworth House - Park and Gardens access guide for information.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located at the rear of the venue, to the right of the payment counter.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 25m (27yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the shared toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 84cm (2ft 9in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located throughout the grounds.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Admission has to be paid to the site at the payment booth as you enter the site unless you are visiting for a private function.