- Services / facilities within the building include 4 accessible rooms, 71 standard rooms, a cafe, bar and conference rooms.
- Services / facilities within the grounds include Welcome Break Services - South Mimms.
- Related link Welcome Break Services - South Mimms.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Potters Bar.
- The information in this section was taken in March 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Reception is staffed 24 hours per day.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10+ Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 490cm (11ft 10in x 16ft 1in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 22m (24yd 2in) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 38m (41yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The car park is restricted to 2 hours maximum parking unless you register your car at the hotels reception and then it is free throughout your stay.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 135cm (4ft 5in).
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The width of the door opening is 300cm (9ft 10in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located on the path leading to the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The desk/counter is 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- Level access to the desk/counter is via lift.
- The desk/counter is high (110cm+).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are adjustable.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the venue.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
Eating and Drinking (Bar)
- The following information is for the bar.
- The bar is located next to reception.
- The bar does not serve food.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 19m (20yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 42cm (1ft 5in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 105cm (3ft 5in).
- The standard height for tables is 73cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Children are welcomed in the bar area.
- This service is open 24 hours.
- The Tourist Board rating is 2.
- There are 75 rooms in total.
- There are 25 standard ground floor rooms.
- There are 50 standard rooms on other floors.
- There are accessible ensuite facilities.
- There is / are 4 room(s) which has / have accessible ensuite facilities.
- There is / are 0 adjoining room(s) available for carers.
Location and Access
- The accessible room viewed is 38m (41yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access from an accessible entrance.
- No accessible rooms are located in a separate building from the main hotel.
- The room number or room name viewed was Room 001.
- The width of the door is 82cm (2ft 8in).
- The room door is push pad activated.
- The height of the bed is 64cm (2ft 1in).
- The measurement between the bed base and floor is 29cm (11in).
- Light switches are within 120cm from floor level.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the room.
- It is a push button style alarm.
- An adjoining room is not available.
- Assistance dogs are welcomed to stay with guests in accessible rooms.
- The width of the door to the ensuite is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The door opens outwards.
- The door weight is heavy.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The dimensions of the accessible ensuite are 230cm x 200cm (7ft 7in x 6ft 7in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 60cm (1ft 12in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet, the wall mounted grab rails are on the right.
- The toilet seat is 50cm (1ft 8in) above floor level.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm in height.
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the sink is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap for the sink.
- There is a functional emergency alarm available in the ensuite.
- Disposal facilities are available.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
Bath and Shower
- There is a bath.
- The height of the side of the bath from floor level is 50cm (1ft 8in).
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is a shower over the bath.
- The shower head height is adjustable.
- The shower control type is twist/turn.
- There are handrails available.
Wheel In Shower
- There is not a wheel in shower.
Signage, colour contrast and lighting in accessible rooms
- There is tactile and pictorial signage on or near the hotel door.
- The colour contrast between the external hotel room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The colour contrast between the internal hotel room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the external ensuite door and wall is good.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible ensuite
- The colour contrast between the internal ensuite door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the ensuite is good.
- The colour contrast between the drop down rails and wall is fair.
- The colour contrast between the grab rails and wall is fair.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some hotel rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- The available auxiliary aid(s) is(are) flashing alarm(s) and Teletext/subtitles.
- Flashing fire alarms are in rooms.
- The hotel does not provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with guests in rooms.
- The number of accessible rooms with baths is 4.
- The number of accessible rooms with wheel in showers is 0.
Ground Floor Standard Rooms
- There are standard rooms on the ground floor.
- There is level access to ground floor rooms.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors can be accessed by lift.
- Photographs 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 shows the accessible room (001) main layout.
- Photographs 6, 7, 8 and 9 shows the accessible bathroom in the accessible room (001).
- Photographs 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 shows the standard room layout and the bathroom.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1 and 2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located in the corridor beyond reception.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G, 1 and 2.
- The lift is approximately 30m (32yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 70cm x 130cm (2ft 4in x 4ft 3in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located outside the main entrance.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.