Getting Help and Assistance
- For the racecourse map please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- Staff do not receive deaf awareness training.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; large print on request.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact the Racecourse reception.
- Huntingdon Racecourse is situated half a mile from the A14 Junction 22. The A14 links with the A1, M1, M11 and M6. This allows for easy access from the North and South, along with the West Midlands and East Coast. parking#6QBpoDk8DjcImq0U.99
- There is not a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- The nearest Railway Station is Huntingdon.
- The nearest station is Huntingdon which is on the main line from Kings Cross London and is approximately 2.5 miles from the racecourse. A complimentary courtesy car service operates on racedays, between the racecourse and the station. This service runs for 2 hours before the first race and for half an hour either side of the last race.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
- With prior permission, helicopters can land on the course on racedays. For further details please call the racecourse office on 01480 453 373.
- The Picnic Enclosure is only open on Easter Monday, May Bank Holiday and Boxing Day.
- For other fixtures you are welcome to enjoy your picnic from the car park.
- There is step free access to the Picnic Lawn Enclosure.
- The surface of the enclosure is grass.
- There is a Tote Betting Counter.
- There is a programme counter available.
- The enclosure has a good view of the racetrack.
- Ticket upgrades for the main enclosure are available to purchase on the day if you wish to go elsewhere on the course.
Counter (Betting Counter - Picnic Enclosure)
- The counter is located to the left on entering the enclosure.
- The counter is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step-free access to the counter.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the counter.
- There are no windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the counter which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The counter is placed in front of a plain background.
- The lighting levels at the counter are good.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is not a lowered section of the counter.
- The counter is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system at the counter.
Temporary Toilet Facilities
- When the Picnic Lawn Enclosure is open to the public there are temporary portable toilet facilities available.
Related Access Guides
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around Huntingdon Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting Counters around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.