Getting Help and Assistance
- For the racecourse map please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- Staff do not receive deaf awareness training.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; large print on request.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact the Racecourse reception.
- Huntingdon Racecourse is situated half a mile from the A14 Junction 22. The A14 links with the A1, M1, M11 and M6. This allows for easy access from the North and South, along with the West Midlands and East Coast. parking#6QBpoDk8DjcImq0U.99
- There is not a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- The nearest Railway Station is Huntingdon.
- The nearest station is Huntingdon which is on the main line from Kings Cross London and is approximately 2.5 miles from the racecourse. A complimentary courtesy car service operates on racedays, between the racecourse and the station. This service runs for 2 hours before the first race and for half an hour either side of the last race.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
- With prior permission, helicopters can land on the course on racedays. For further details please call the racecourse office on 01480 453 373.
Outside Access (Sharps Bar Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the bar.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) both ways.
- The door(s) is/are single width with a locked extension leaf.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 95cm.
- When the extension leaf is unlocked the door width is 135cm.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the bar.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food and/or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food and/or drinks can be brought to the table.
- The height of the service counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- There is not a lowered section of the counter.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is step-free access within the bar.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Background music varies according to the function/event.
- The type of flooring in this area is vinyl.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests on both sides.
- The nearest table is approximately 1m from the entrance/opening.
- The nearest table is approximately 1m from the till/counter.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 72cm.
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 112cm.
- Plastic/takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic/takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Children are welcomed in the bar area.
- There are wall menus available.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- The lighting levels are good.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located between the Crowmell Stand and Annual Members entrance or in Lentons Bar.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located between the Crowmell Stand and Annual Members entrance or in Lentons Bar.
Related Access Guides
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around Huntingdon Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting Counters around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.