COVID-19 Information (Imperial College London)
Location of Room(s)
- Teaching/Seminar Room(s) (232 - Junior Common Room) is located on the second floor of the Chemistry Building.
- There is step free access from Chemistry Building to Teaching/Seminar Room(s) (232 - Junior Common Room).
- To view the AccessAble Access Guide for Chemistry Building please click here (new tab).
- Directional and locational signage for the room(s) is available in upper and lower case lettering that is clearly visible.
- The corridor outside the room(s) is sufficiently wide enough (150cm+) to allow wheelchair users to pass.
- There is step free access into the room(s) from the corridor.
- The door opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the room(s).
- The door(s) for the room(s) is/are not push pad activated.
- There is not a hearing assistance system for the room(s).
- There is not a visual fire alarm beacon in the room(s).
- There is some fixed furniture within the room(s).
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the room(s) ranges between 69cm and 96cm.
- A height adjustable table/bench is not available.
- There is a/are chair(s) with armrests on both sides within the room(s).
- The room does have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm.
- Floor coverings in the room(s) are even with no trip hazards.
- Links into room 231 (entrance to which is shown in photograph 3) which is also the Junior common room and has a counter at a height of 91cm which has a sink and microwaves (photograph 8) . The Chemistry Building Café is located within Junior Common Room 2.32.
Eating and Drinking
Location and Access
- The following information is for the café.
- The café is located within common room 2.32.
Service and Menus
- Tables cannot be booked in advance.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- Staff can read menus to customers if requested.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- Plastic/takeaway cups are available.
- Adapted cups are available.
- Adapted cutlery is not available.
- Drinking straws are not available.
- This area does not play background music.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing assistance system is not signed.
- The height of the counter is 92cm.
- There is not a clear knee recess beneath the low/lowered section of the counter.
- There is a moveable card machine available for payment.
Tables and Seating
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- The majority of tables are accessible to wheelchair users.
- The standard height for the underside of dining tables is 78cm.
- There are also coffee tables, high tables, long tables, armchairs, bench seats and high stools.
- The surface height of the lowest table is 48cm.
- The surface height of the highest table is 100cm.
- No chairs have armrests on both sides.