- Services / facilities within the building include a Studio, Sports Hall, 6 Badminton Courts and 4 Squash Courts.
- Services / facilities within the grounds include 4 outdoor 3G 5-aside Football Pitches.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Old Street.
- The nearest underground station is Old Street.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Blue Badge Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are available.
- The dimensions of the marked Blue Badge bays are 500cm x 550cm (16ft 5in x 18ft 1in).
- On street Blue Badge parking is located to the left of the Main Entrance.
On Street Standard Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- The dimensions of the standard marked parking bays are 205cm x 1500cm (6ft 9in x 49ft 3in).
- Standard marked parking bays are located in Norman Street.
- Standard on street parking is available for up to 3 to 4 cars on Norman Street.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are light.
- The width of the door opening is 149cm.
- There is a dropped kerb from the road onto the pavement as shown in photographs 2 and 3.
- The desk/counter is 2m (2yd 7in) from the Main Entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are good.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There is a touch screen.
- The touch screen is at a suitable height for a wheelchair user.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The Squash Court is 38m from Main Entrance and accessible access can be arranged by staff through the fire exit which has a width is 82cm.
- Before the fire exit door there is a steep slope as shown in photographs 5 and 6.
- As you enter the Squash Court, there is a shallow step into the court as shown in photograph 3.
- The Sports Hall can hold up to 6 Badminton Courts which can be booked at reception, it can also be booked for basketball.
- The outdoor Football Pitches are 3G and have flood lights for evening sessions, bookings can be made at reception, through play finder, or online. Prices are listed on the website for members and non members.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are B, G, 1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The lift is located on the left as you enter.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are B, G, 1.
- Wall mounted information boards are not provided at lift landings.
- The lift is approximately 9m (9yd 2ft) from the Main Entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 83cm (2ft 9in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 90cm x 129cm (2ft 11in x 4ft 3in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is good.
Accessible Changing Room (Right Hand Transfer)
- There are accessible changing rooms available.
- The accessible changing room is located on the basement level.
- The facility is 11m (12yd 1in) from the lift.
- The door opens outwards.
- The width of the door is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is locked by a lever twist.
- The dimensions of the accessible changing room are 226cm x 240cm (7ft 5in x 7ft 10in).
- The toilet does have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 154cm (5ft 1in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- The toilet seat is 48cm (1ft 7in) above floor level.
- There is a sink.
- The sink cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the sink is 73cm (2ft 5in).
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency alarm is fully functional.
- There is not a locker within the accessible changing room.
- There is not a changing bench.
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The facilities available in the accessible shower are an adjustable shower head, handrails and a flip-down seat.
- The height of the seat is 43cm (1ft 5in).
- The toilet roll holder is in reach from the toilet seat.
- The hand dryer is placed at a height of 112cm.
- There is good colour contrast between the external door and wall and the interior wall and floor.
- There is poor colour contrast between the internal door and wall.
- There is poor contract between the grab rails and the wall.
- There is poor contrast between the drop down rail and the wall.
- The lighting within the accessible changing room is bright.
- There is a smaller similar facility available opposite this facility.
Standard Changing Room (Male)
- There is a/are standard changing room(s) available.
- The standard changing room(s) is/are approximately 6m (6yd 1ft) from the lift.
- The standard changing room(s) is/are approximately 16m (17yd 1ft) from the reception desk.
- The standard changing room(s) is/are approximately 20m (21yd 2ft) from the nearest studio.
- The standard changing room(s) surveyed is/are located on the basement level.
- There is level access to the standard changing room(s).
- Shower facilities are available within the changing room(s).
- There is not level access to the shower facilities.
- The shower cubicle(s) / area is / are accessed via a medium step.
- There is a flip down seat and dropdown rail within the main showers.
- There is an ambulant toilet within the male changing rooms.
- The female changing rooms are located to the right of the male changing rooms.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located opposite the Main Entrance.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 4m (4yd 1ft) from the Main Entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels in the female and male toilets are moderate to good.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.