Show Easy Read
- The racecourse is located on the A308 between Sunbury-on-Thames and Hampton Court, less than one mile from Junction 1 of the M3 via Junction 12 of the M25. Priority car parking is provided to owners and trainers and those with a Blue Badge and this is accessed via Gate 1 in Park Road.
- Free parking is available on all of the racedays. The main car park is free at the majority of fixtures, however this excludes all jump fixtures as well as the 31st March, 7th April, 15th August and 8th September. On all of these fixtures there is a £5 charge per car for the main car park.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- The nearest Railway Station is Kempton Park Station.
- Kempton Park Racecourse boasts its own train station on-site – Kempton Park – which is situated 200 yards from the North entrance. Trains run every half an hour direct from London Waterloo with the journey time being just 40 minutes. Please note that trains don't run on Boxing Day but there is a bus service from Turnham Green Underground Station. This station is accessible via tube on this day.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- For a map of the racecourse please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- British Sign Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; Braille on request and large print on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are not mobility aids available.
Outside Access (Betting Shop)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 150cm.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
Counter (Betting Counter)
- The counter is located to the left of the Betting Shop.
- The counter is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step-free access to the counter.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the counter.
- There are no windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the counter which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The counter is not placed in front of a background which is patterned.
- The lighting levels at the counter are good.
- The height of the counter is high (110cm+).
- There is not sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is a lowered section of the counter.
- The lowered section of the counter is not at the recommended height of 76cm.
- The counter is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system at the counter.
- The type of flooring in this area is carpet.
- There is step free access throughout the betting shop.
- The surface of the flooring is carpet.
- There are betting shelves on the walls.
- The betting shelves are 100cm high.
- There are stools available.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located within the Main Grandstand and The Club House.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located within the Main Grandstand and The Club House.
Related Access Guides
- To view other DisabledGo access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting counters around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.