- Services / facilities within the building include rooms used by students whilst on-call.
- The ground floor of the building is currently closed for conversion to other uses (July 2014).
- The accessible facilties on the ground floor are no longer in use.
- All accommodation is on the first and second floors.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the Denmark Hill Campus - King's College Hospital.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Denmark Hill.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is King's College Hospital main car park.
- The car park is located to the side of the building.
Public Car Parks.
- Car park websitehttp://www.kch.nhs.uk/patients/getting-here/road/.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 150cm (4ft 11in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 85cm (2ft 9in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Photograph 1 shows a standard room.
- Photograph 2 shows one of the kitchens in the building.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are on-call rooms and a TV room.
- There are standard level access shower facilities available.
- The showers are located in bathroom area.
- The shower area also contains a bath, shown in photograph 2.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located in the bathroom areas to the left off the landings.
- Unisex toilets are 13m (14yd 8in) from the stair landings.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.