- Services / facilities within the building include the Institute of Psychiatry Academic Neuroscience Centre, including the Department of Clinical Neuropathology, a lecture theatre and seminar room.
Rooms and Spaces Links
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the Denmark Hill Campus - Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Denmark Hill.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park type is underground.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do need to be booked in advance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
- The maximum height is 190cm (6ft 3in).
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located to the right of the entrance as you face it.
- The details here are for the King's College Hospital staff car park under the building.
- It contains 6 bays allocated for the centre which can be used by visiting patients.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located off King's College Hospital Ruskin Wing entrance.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 169cm (5ft 7in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Photograph 1 shows the lecture theatre on the second floor, which has level access to the front but no designated spaces for wheelchair users.
- Photograph 2 shows the seminar room on the second floor.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1, 2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located directly to the left as you enter.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G, 1, 2.
- The lift is approximately 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 94cm x 203cm (3ft 1in x 6ft 8in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
Accessible Toilet (First Floor)
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 2m (2yd 7in) from the lift.
- This accessible toilet is located on the first floor, to the right as you exit the lift.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
- This is by lift.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 180cm x 248cm (5ft 11in x 8ft 2in).
- There is not a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 112cm (3ft 8in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary and open waste paper bin disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 124cm (4ft 1in).
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 122cm (4ft).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- There is a soap dispenser.
- The soap dispenser can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the soap dispenser is 88cm.
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
- There are male and female standard toilets facilities on the first floor and the second floor.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the second floor, left as you exit the lift.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 8m (8yd 2ft) from the lift.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- This is by lift.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Standard toilets are also available at the far end of the first and second floors.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.