- Services / facilities within the building include the Department of French and German classrooms and staff offices.
Rooms and Spaces Links
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the Strand Campus.
- The venue is situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Charing Cross.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest underground station is Temple.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are available.
- The dimensions of the marked Blue Badge bays are 235cm x 630cm (7ft 9in x 20ft 8in).
- On street Blue Badge parking is located on Surrey Street.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- The dimensions of the standard marked parking bays are 235cm x 630cm (7ft 9in x 20ft 8in).
- Standard marked parking bays are located on Surrey Street.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are light.
- The door opening is 78cm (2ft 7in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located in the doorway.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are shallow.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- There is uneven tarmac outside the entrance.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2-3-4-5.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located on the left as you enter.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1-2-3-4-5.
- The lift is 10m (32ft 10in) from main entrance.
- The clear door width is 66cm (2ft 2in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 78cm x 98cm (2ft 7in x 3ft 3in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift controls do not have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located on the second and third floors.
- The female and male toilets are 20m (22yd) from the lift.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- This is by lift.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.