- Services / facilities within the grounds include a farm, Acorn Farm Shop and Oak Tree Cafe.
- Related link Acorn Farm.
- Related link Acorn Farm Moses Fields.
- Related link Acorn Farm Shop and Oak Tree Cafe.
- Monday 10:00 - 16:00.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 16:00.
- Wednesday 10:00 - 16:00.
- Thursday 10:00 - 16:00.
- Friday 10:00 - 16:00.
- Saturday 10:00 - 16:00.
- Sunday 10:00 - 16:00.
- Acorn Farm is closed between Christmas and New Year.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Kirkby.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located at the front of the shop and cafe building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 3 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 32m (34yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 35m (38yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is loose chippings.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The Blue Badge bays are not individually marked but are clearly signposted.
- The surface of the main car park is uneven.
- There is an overflow car park open during the summer months (photographs 7 and 8).
- The overflow car park is located on Depot Road, approx 50m to the right beyond the main car park entrance.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the left of the car park as you enter from Depot Road.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The width of the door opening is 130cm (4ft 3in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
Parks and Gardens
- The park or garden does have footpaths.
- The path(s) has a / have gravel and muddy surface(s).
- The majority of the path(s) is / are wide enough for wheelchair users.
- There are easy and moderate slopes on the paths.
- There are some bench seats situated along the paths for people to rest.
Woodland Walk Information Hide
- The woodland walk information hide is located in the centre of the woodland.
- There is an entrance.
- There are no doors.
- The width of the entrance opening is 115cm (3ft 8in).
- There are 2 medium height steps to enter the hide.
- The steps are not clearly marked and do not have handrails.
- The lighting levels depend on the natural day light.
- There are viewing cutouts.
- The height of the viewing cutouts are 57cm (1ft 9in).
- There are information panels on the walls describing the types of wildlife which can be seen from the hide.
- The height to the top of the panels is 187cm (6ft 1in).
- The panels are not in large print.
- The panels are clearly printed with contrasting colours.
- There are pictures on the panels.
- The accessible toilet is located in the Oak Tree Cafe.
- Please see the Oak Tree Cafe access guide for details.
- The standard toilets are located in the Oak Tree Cafe.
- Please see Oak Tree Cafe access guide for details.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.