- Swanside Community Centre has been run as a charity with the help of volunteers from the community since 2014. It is used by various local groups including a play group and youth club. The centre also organises fundraising events and holds weekly afternoon tea for elderly local residents to combat loneliness.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Broad Green.
- There are separate doors for entering and exiting.
- There is a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are wall mounted.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is a one-way system throughout.
- The one-way system is clearly marked/signed.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at tills/counters.
- Toilets are available.
- Monday 08:00 - 22:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 22:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 22:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 22:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 22:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The centre is available to hire at the weekends.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 0 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single (with a locked extension leaf).
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 72cm (2ft 4in).
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double (with one leaf locked).
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 60cm (1ft 12in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played depending on events taking place.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is Braille, tactile, pictorial and written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the right as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 87cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 160cm x 220cm (5ft 3in x 7ft 3in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are general domestic waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 50cm (1ft 8in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 97cm (3ft 2in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located in the main corridor.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- An ambulant toilet cubicle with wall mounted grab rails is available.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located on the grass areas around the building.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.