Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include various local groups.
- Opening times for the venue vary according to bookings/events taking place.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Whiston.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located at the side of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 0 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The centre can provide residential passes to park on the street when the car park is full.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double (with one leaf locked).
- The door(s) is / are light.
- The width of the door opening is 75cm (2ft 6in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial and written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located in the main foyer.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 79cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 210cm x 170cm (6ft 11in x 5ft 7in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 150cm (4ft 11in).
- There is no dropdown rail.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the right.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 51cm (1ft 8in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located in the main foyer.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located on the grass areas surrounding the building.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.