- This is a rehabilitation service property.
- Services within the building include: Secure Residential Mental Health Services.
- This service is open 24 hours.
- Off the M55 take Junction 1 towards the A6/Garstang Road.
- There is limited parking to the rear of the building.
- The nearest bus stop is Whittingham Hospital approximately 0.1 miles away.
- The nearest train station is Preston Fishergate, over 9 miles away.
- Stagecoach Merseyside & South Lancashire.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- British Sign Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; Braille on request, large print on request, Makaton on request, different languages on request and audio on request.
- There is not a wheelchair to borrow to aid transferring around the building.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are not available.
- Home visits services are not available.
- The venue does have a dedicated car park.
- The car park is located at the side of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park does not have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is/are 1 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 500cm x 350cm (16ft 5in x 11ft 6in).
- There is not a 120cm hatched zone around the Blue Badge parking bay(s).
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are not parking charges for the car park.
Access from the Car Park
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are level changes with no dropped kerbs.
- The entrance is not clearly visible from the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is clearly signposted.
- The surface on the approach to the entrance is tarmac.
- The nearest designated Blue Badge parking bay is approximately 45m (49yd 8in) from the main entrance.
Bus Stop(s) and Drop-off Point(s)
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 95cm.
- The ramp/slope is located on the approach to the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
Getting Around The Building
- There is step free access throughout the ground floor.
- There are doors in corridors which have to be opened manually.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is laminate.
- There is some flooring in corridors which includes patterns or colours which could be confusing or look like steps or holes to some people.
- Handrails with a rounded or oval profile are not provided in corridors.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in all areas.
- The lighting levels are good.
- Wayfinding signage is not provided.
- The colour, design and typeface of signs is consistent throughout the building.
- Dementia friendly signage is not provided.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- A safe room can be made available if needed.
- This venue does not play background music in public areas.
- There is not a hearing assistance system in the public areas of the building.
- Signs indicating the location of the stairs are not clearly visible from the entrance.
- There are manual, heavy, single doors to enter and exit the stairwell on all floors.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between the recommended 15cm and 18cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are not between the recommended 30cm and 45cm.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- Handrails are at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do not extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- Clear signs indicating the facilities on each floor of the building are not provided on landings.
- The lighting levels are good.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located on the ground floor off the main corridor.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 14m (15yd 11in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- An ambulant toilet with wall mounted grab rails is not available.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a flashing fire alarm beacon within the toilets.
- Lighting levels are low to moderate.