COVID-19 Information (Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust)
- Related link Sharoe Green Unit.
- The Neonatal Unit is located on the second floor of the Sharoe Green Unit.
- It is accessible via the Sharoe Green Unit Main Entrance.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Preston.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Preston.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located at the front of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 340cm x 500cm (11ft 2in x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 40m (43yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 58m (63yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- There is a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The road is generally quiet.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located at the front of the venue.
- There is a dropped kerb from the drop off point.
- There is not tactile paving on the dropped kerb.
Parking Charges Update from the Trust
- Up to 30 minutes FREE
- Up to 1 hour £2.50
- Up to 2 hours £3.50
- Up to 4 hours £5.50
- Up to 6 hours £6.00
- Up to 8 hours £8.00
- More than 8 hours £10.00
- The same charges apply to both blue badge holders and other car park users at the majority of hospital trusts in the region.
- Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme (HTCS):
- If you are referred to us for NHS treatment or diagnostic tests by your doctor, dentist or other health professional, you may be able to claim a refund of reasonable travel costs under the Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme (HTCS).
- Free parking is also provided for cancer patients receiving regular treatment, renal patients, parents/guardians of children, intensive care visitors, and families of long stay patients. Exemption letters can be provided by ward managers and will be required when exiting the car parks.
- Dialysis patients can obtain a temporary car parking permit from the Dialysis Unit, allowing parking in the designated car park spaces allocated specifically for dialysis patients.
- Discounted seven day tickets are available to patients and visitors for £30. Information about discounted tickets is displayed at the pay stations and tickets can be purchased from the General Office at both hospitals.
- Drop off points are available on both hospital sites and are clearly signposted.
- Pay stations take both bank cards and cash.
- General Office hours are 09.00 – 16.30, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
- If you have a query or need advice about parking options and charges please contact :
- General Office, Chorley and South Ribble Hospital 01257 245661
- General Office, Royal Preston Hospital 01772 522528
- Car Parking Office, Royal Preston email [email protected]
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 166cm (5ft 5in).
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 180cm (5ft 11in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1, 2.
- The stairs are located on the left on entering the building.
- The stairs are approximately 7m from the main entrance.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located within the main foyer.
- The lift is approximately 11m (12yd 1in) from the main entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G, 1, 2.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 130cm (4ft 3in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 150cm x 260cm (4ft 11in x 8ft 6in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
Outside Access (Unit Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the Sharoe Green Unit second floor corridor.
- There is level access into the venue.
- Level access is via lift.
- The intercom is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 164cm (5ft 5in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is available only on request.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Route finding signage is available.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is vinyl.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- There is a day room available.
Waiting Room / Area
- There is a waiting room / area.
- The waiting room / area is 1m (3ft 3in) from the unit entrance.
- There is level access into the waiting room / area.
- There are doors into the waiting room / area.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- There is room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- The door opening is 73cm (2ft 5in) wide.
- The type of flooring is vinyl.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs with armrests are available.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- Announcements are in person.
- The room does not have background music playing.
- There is not a television.
- Vending machines are not available.
- There is not a children's play area.
- There is space for an assistance dog to rest.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is located to the left as you enter the unit entrance.
- The accessible toilet is 16m (17yd 1ft) from the unit entrance.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards and outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The door weight is light.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 83cm (2ft 9in).
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 170cm x 128cm (5ft 7in x 4ft 2in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is not clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on the right.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 42cm (1ft 5in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Standard toilet facilities are available within the main foyer of the Sharoe Green Unit.
Additional Info Health
- Disability awareness / equality training can be provided for hospital staff.
- Disability awareness training are provided for staff.
- The most commonly produced documents could be provided in other formats.
- Documents in Braille, large print, audio, different languages and voice recognition CD format can be requested.
- Assistance dogs are allowed in most areas of the hospital.
- Areas with a high risk from infection, such as intensive care and wards should be contacted in advance before accessing with assistance dogs.
- BSL interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- Switchboard staff are Text Relay aware.
- Help with luggage is generally available for inpatients.
- The mobility aids available include mobile hoists, wheelchairs, tri wheel walkers, shower chairs, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings, adjustable beds and crutches.
- There is not a charge for mobility aids.
- Children are welcomed at the venue.
- Portable hearing loops can be provided on request.
- A mobility scooter charging point is not available at the venue.