COVID-19 Information (Leeds Beckett University)
- This route runs from campus central to the sports centre. This route is 0.2 miles long.
- Related link Campus Central.
Leave the Building and turn right, following the path up to the road
- As you leave the Campus Central Building through the automatic door, turn right and follow the path along, past the front of the building and up until you reach the road. The path at this point has a slabbed surface which is mostly level along the front of the Campus Central Building and then has a slight gradient leading up to road.
Cross the road, turn left and follow the path to the next crossing
- Once at the side of the road, please use the dropped kerb to cross the road. The crossing is clearly marked with black and white road markings.
- The road surface is level and smooth and has dropped kerbs with tactile paving either side.
- Once across the road, turn to the left and follow the path along the side of the same road.
- The path still had a slabbed surface and has an easy gradient running down, against you as you walk along the path. The path begins to bend round to the right as you come up to the next road.
- Continue to follow this path for 15 meters as it curves round and begins to climb the moderate gradient, up until you come to the end of the path, where there is a dropped kerb on your left to cross the next road.
At the road, cross
- Once at the road crossing, use the dropped kerb onto the road. The crossing point is clearly marked with black and white markings.
- The surface of the road is smooth but has a slight gradient running down the hill, towards you and on your left. There is a dropped kerb with tactile paving on both sides of the crossing.
Follow the path for 50 meters until coming to a road crossing
- The path has a mostly level slabbed surface which is uneven in places running up an easy gradient all the way to your destination.
- The path is quite narrow, with a width of only 95 cm. Continue along this path until you come up to another road crossing.
Cross the road and follow the path, over the next crossing
- Once you're at the road crossing, use the dropped kerb to cross the road. This is only a maintenance access road so is hardly used, and there is tactile paving on both sides of the road crossing. The crossing is marked with white lines and a pedestrian symbol.
- Once across, continue along the path of another 20 meters until coming to a second maintenance access road crossing. This crossing has dropped kerbs and tactile paving on both sides so crossing is made easier.
- The crossing is clearly marked with black and white markings. Once again, continue to follow the path along for 18 meters until you come to a dropped kerb.
Continue along the path to the Sports Centre entrance
- Continue to follow the path along for 12 meters until you come to the main entrance of the Sports Centre.
- The path for this part of the journey still has an easy gradient leading up to the entrance, but the slabbed surface is smooth with no real faults.