Show Easy Read
- The following information describes the route from the Soccer Bus Stop on Walton Lane to the Anfield Road outer concourse area.
- The Soccerbus runs from Sandhills Station (on the Merseyrail Northern Line) to Anfield.
- The Soccerbus is available for all Premier League and cup matches.
- The Soccerbus runs 2 hours before each match.
- The last bus from Sandhills Station is approximately 15 minutes before kick-off.
- To view more details on the Soccer Bus service point please click here (opens in new tab)
- The approximate distance of this route is 700m.
- The route takes approximately 10-12 minutes.
- The route leads along a section of Anfield Road which forms part of the traffic exclusion zone.
- The traffic exclusion zone is in place from 1.5 hours before kick-off.
- The pavements along the route have tarmac and flagstone paving surfaces.
- The potential hazards on this route include; posts, wheelie bins, kerbs, uneven paving, speed bumps, bollards and congested pathways.
Soccer Bus Stop (Walton Lane/Anfield Road)
- This bus stop is located on Walton Lane, close to the junction with Anfield Road (where the traffic exclusion zone starts).
- There is step-free access to the bus shelter.
- There is bench seating within the bus shelter.
- There is not a digital display at this bus stop.
- There is no audio announcer at this bus stop.
Soccer Bus Stop to Anfield Road
- When exiting the bus turn right and follow Walton Lane for approximately 70m until you reach the lights at the junction with Anfield Road.
- The surface of the path on this part of the route is split between flagstone paving on the left and tarmac on the right.
- The surface turns to solely flagstone paving at the traffic lights
- The flagstone paving can be slightly uneven in places.
- Follow the path as it bends around to the left over some strips of tactile paving onto Anfield Road.
Anfield Road to The King Harry Pub
- Follow the path along Anfield Road until you reach the start of the traffic exclusion zone.
- The pavement has a flagstone paving surface which is slightly uneven in places.
- Once inside the traffic exclusion zone it may be easier to use the road which has a smoother surface.
- Along the path there are some access driveways which have dropped kerbs and tactile paving on both sides.
- Along the road there are some speed bumps with slight slopes over strips of block paving.
- There is gradual uphill slope on this section of the route.
- Follow Anfield Road for approximately 200m until you pass The King Harry Public House, where the road bends around to the left.
The King Harry Pub to Tancred Road Junction
- Continue past The King Harry Public House and follow Anfield Road for approximately 180m.
- The path will bend around to the right past Anfield Hotel.
- On this section of the route it may be more suitable to use the road as the path has some uneven cobbled sections across driveways.
- There are also some kerbs, signs, bins and bollards which may obstruct pedestrians along the paths.
- There is 1 speed bump in the road along this section of the route.
Tancred Road Junction to the Outer Concourse/Walkway (Anfield Road)
- Continue along Anfield Road for approximately 250m and you will reach the bollards at the entrance to the Anfield Road outer walkway.
- On this section of the route it may also be easier to use the road as the paths have uneven sections and driveways with no dropped kerbs.
- There are 2 speed bumps along the road on this section of the route.
- At the access point to the Anfield Road outer walkway there is a row of bollards.
- The bollards prevent vehicles entering the site from 4 hours before kick-off.
- This access point is manned by stewards.
- On the right hand side there is a dropped kerb with tactile paving.
- Use the dropped kerb to access the bollards.
- The bollards have a height of 110cm.
- The gap between the bollards is 116cm.
- The bollards do not have a good colour contrast with the background but do have a red contrasting strip at the top.
- Pass between the bollards and you will have reached the outer walkway.