COVID-19 Information (Liverpool John Moores University)
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Liverpool.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Liverpool Lime Street.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 1 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 410cm x 610cm (13ft 5in x 20ft).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 13m (14yd 8in) from the Block A entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Block A Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 100cm (3ft 3in) wide.
Level Change (Block A Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located leading to the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is level access to the service.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located on the right as you enter.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
- The lift is approximately 2m (2yd 7in) from the Block A entrance.
- The clear door width is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 100cm x 135cm (3ft 3in x 4ft 5in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 2 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- There is level access from an accessible entrance.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- None of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- The accommodation does not provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
- There is / are 2 accessible room(s) with a wheel in shower.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors can be accessed by lift.
- There is level access to standard rooms on other floors.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Portable loops can be requested from the Disability team on 0151 904 6052.