- Services / facilities within the grounds include an old English garden, Danson Lake, a children's play area, football pitches, hard tennis courts, bowling green, Danson House (also used as Bexley Register Office), Boathouse Conference Centre and Danson Stables.
- Related link Danson splashpark and playground.
- Related link Danson House - heritage attraction.
- Related link Danson Stables.
- The various attractions within the park will have different opening times.
- Please see the details in the linked guides for details.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Bexleyheath.
- Monday 07:30 - 19:00.
- Tuesday 07:30 - 19:00.
- Wednesday 07:30 - 19:00.
- Thursday 07:30 - 19:00.
- Friday 07:30 - 19:00.
- Saturday 09:30 - 19:00.
- Sunday 09:30 - 19:00.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located at the centre of the park, using the driveway from Danson Road.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 1 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 460cm x 490cm (15ft 1in x 16ft 1in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 20m (21yd 2ft) from the playground and splashpark.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Parking charges may apply to non-Blue Badge holders at weekends in the summer months.
Outside Access (Danson Road Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the east side of the park.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 300cm (9ft 10in).
- There are similar wide gate pedestrian entrances further along Danson Road, at the junction of Danson Road and Parkview Road, and in two locations to the west of the park on Danson Lane.
Level Change (Danson Road Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
Parks and Gardens
- The park or garden does have footpaths.
- The path(s) has a / have compact earth, loose wood chippings, tarmac, gravel and muddy surface(s).
- The majority of the path(s) is / are wide enough for wheelchair users.
- There are some bench seats situated along the paths for people to rest.
- The paths in the area of the car park, Old English Garden and playground are generally level or with easy slopes.
- There is also a level path linking Danson Road and Danson Lane which runs along the south side of the lake.
- There are steep slopes on the path between the north areas and car park and the southern areas near the lake.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the car park.
- This accessible toilet is located to the right of the designated parking bay.
- There is not level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 95cm (3ft 1in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 230cm x 150cm (7ft 7in x 4ft 11in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- There is no dropdown rail.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is push.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 80cm (2ft 7in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a ceiling hoist within the accessible toilet.
- There is a second accessible toilet next to the kiosk in the playground, on the opposite side of the building.
- Please see the guide to the playground for details.
Level Change (Accessible Toilet)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 85cm (2ft 9in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located to the right of the car park.
- The female and male toilets are 10m (32ft 10in) from the car park.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
Level Change (Standard Toilets)
- There is a medium step in front of the male standard toilet and a shallow step in front of the female standard toilet. .
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located in the car park or within the grassed areas.
- Water can be obtained from the kiosks in the playground or at the Boathouse.