- Services / facilities within the building include a training room, playroom and sensory room.
- Services / facilities within the grounds include an outdoor play area.
- Related link Bexley Voice.
- The Bexley SEND Hub is a centre focussing on activities and services for children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and their parents / carers.
- This can include Snap early years groups, short break leisure activities, portage sessions, physiotherapy and sessions in the sensory room. .
- Bexley Voice support group is also based at the centre and runs weekly 'tea and talk' support groups for parents and carers. .
- Other groups include specialist autism support, which may also offer 1 to 1 sessions.
- The Children's Centre also runs 'stay and play' drop in sessions each week which are open to all. .
- The training room is used for training and support to parents.
- All the facilities may be available to hire by outside groups for training or activities relating to children under 12.
- The sensory room is also available to hire by individual families.
- The centre may be open at weekends or outside the core opening times for planned activities.
- Please contact the centre for further details of the activity programme.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Barnehurst.
- There are external queuing points.
- The external queuing points are clearly marked/signed.
- There is a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are hand held.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is a Track and Trace system in place.
- There is a one-way system throughout.
- The one-way system is clearly marked/signed.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- Customer toilets are available.
- The venue is not certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- Monday 09:00 - 15:30.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 15:30.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 15:30.
- Thursday 09:00 - 15:30.
- Friday 09:00 - 15:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located to the right and the rear of the children's centre building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 390cm x 480cm (12ft 10in x 15ft 9in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 16m (17yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 16m (17yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is a barrier to get into the school grounds and car par.
- Please press the buzzer on the intercom for entry.
- The SEND Hub and it's car park are to the far right after the barrier.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 141cm (4ft 8in).
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope gradient is slight.
- The desk/counter is 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is low (76cm or lower).
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are adjustable.
- The training room furniture can be arranged as required.
- A PC projector and screen are available.
- Photograph 3 shows the sheltered part of the outdoor play area, which has level access from the playroom.
- Photograph 4 shows the sensory room.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located on the right, past reception.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 180cm x 217cm (5ft 11in x 7ft 1in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are open waste paper bin and sanitary disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 78cm (2ft 7in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located to the right past reception.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 7m (7yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the children's toilet area.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
- In addition to the adult shared toilet (photograph 1) there are separate shared toilets for children (photographs 2-3).
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Home visits / services are available.