Show Easy Read
- Related link Cinema Car Park.
- Related link Bexley Civic Offices.
- This guide describes a step-free walking route from the Cinema Car Park to the Civic Offices.
- The route is approximately 160m long.
- It may take 5 minutes to walk.
- If you have difficulty getting around it could take 10 minutes.
- There is one major road to cross.
- There is a pedestrian crossing.
Cinema Car Park
- The Blue Badge parking bays are on the ground floor of the car park at the front.
- From the upper levels, use the lift (if working) or the stairs in the same location to reach the ground floor.
- Leave by the pedestrian exit next to the vehicle exit.
- Look out for moving vehicles.
- There is tactile paving as you leave the building.
- The pavement slopes slightly to the right.
- After approximately 7m, the path meets The Broadway.
- Turn left onto the pavement.
- Walk along The Broadway.
- The pavement is level in this area.
- There is a Lidl Supermarket on your left.
- The pavement continues level at the entrance to the supermarket car park.
- There is no tactile paving to mark the vehicle entrance as it is intended that pedestrians have priority.
- Take care as not all drivers may recognize this.
Continue Along The Broadway Past Lidl
- The pavement is level.
- Look out for signposts then a row of black bollards in the pavement.
- Continue ahead.
- Ignore the red tactile paving indicating a pedestrian crossing to your right.
- This area is now shared with cyclists.
Continue Ahead Past the Prince Albert Public House
- The pub has some external seating to your left.
- There is a Legible London map sign to your right.
- The Civic Offices can be seen ahead.
- Follow the pavement round to the left into Woolwich Road.
- Continue until the red tactile paving marking the pedestrian crossing to your right.
Cross Woolwich Road at the Pedestrian Crossing
- The crossing is in two sections with a refuge in the middle.
- There are flush kerbs with tactile paving at the crossing and at the refuge.
- Each section is controlled by separate push buttons and lights.
- There is visible but not an audible announcer at this crossing.
- There are rotating cones for visually impaired users on the crossing controls.
For the Entrance Ramp, Turn Left After the Crossing
- Continue along Woolwich Road with the Civic Centre on your right.
- There is a band of tactile paving to mark the end of the area shared with cyclists.
- Turn right here, round the end of the concrete wall.
Civic Office Entrance Ramp
- The ramp has a long slight gradient.
- It is approximately 15m long, with a landing halfway up.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is a large level area at the top of the ramp.
- Turn left at the top of the ramp.
- The double doors open automatically.
- You have arrived at the Civic Offices.