Show Easy Read
- Related link Croydon Digital Library.
- You can now borrow books by using the Croydon digital library even when your local library is closed.
- You can browse the digital library without being a member, but if you wish to download an item you will need to join your local library.
- Monday 09:00 - 18:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 18:00.
- Wednesday Closed.
- Thursday 09:30 - 19:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 18:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- The library is closed 13.00 - 14.00 on weekdays..
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Shirley.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is East Croydon.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
Blue Badge On Street Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
Standard On Street Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 170cm (5ft 7in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The ramp has a handrail on both sides.
- The reception desk is 5m (16ft 5in) from the front entrance.
- The desk is 5m (16ft 5in) from the main entrance .
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is low height.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use system.
- There is level access to the service.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- This library does not house a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does house a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does house a regular supply of books on tape or disc.
- There is an ordering service.
- It takes approximately 3-7 days to process an order.
- The library does have computers with accessible software.
- Auxiliary aids are available for computer users.
- A large text keyboard is available for computer users.
- A large rollerball mouse is available for computer users.
- A height adjustable table is not available for computer users.
- Equipment available for people with a visual impairment includes zoom text.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.