Assisted Travel Contact Information
- Assisted Travel Helpline: 0800 058 2844
- Assisted Travel Text Relay service (for the hard of hearing): 0800 138 1018
- SMS Text: 07860 034 269
- Email: [email protected]
- The assisted travel helpline is open every day from 08:00 - 22:00, except on Christmas Day.
Opening Times (Ticket Office)
- Monday 06:25 - 12:50.
- Monday 15:15 - 19:10.
- Tuesday 06:25 - 12:50.
- Tuesday 15:15 - 19:10.
- Wednesday 06:25 - 12:50.
- Wednesday 15:15 - 19:10.
- Thursday 06:25 - 12:50.
- Thursday 15:15 - 19:10.
- Friday 06:25 - 12:50.
- Friday 15:15 - 19:10.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday 09:00 - 15:25.
- At all other times staff help is available:
- Monday - Friday 06:10 - 19:30
- Saturday 06:50 - 19:10
- Sunday 07:55 - 16:00.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- For parking charges please click here.
- The car park is located opposite the main entrance on Windmill Hill.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 0 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located to the front of the venue.
- The station car park has 4 staff parking bays and a few pay and display parking bays.
- A pay and display car park is available opposite the station in Florence Avenue.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
Reception (Ticket Office)
- The desk/counter is 5m (5yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are good.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- The hearing assistance system is signed.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There are generally 1 member(s) of staff on duty.
- The station is staffed.
- There is not an office to obtain help.
- The station is not staffed between 18:30 - 06:30.
- There is a ticket office.
- The ticket office is located beyond the main entrance.
- The ticket office is 5m (5yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The train companies operating from within this station are Great Northern.
- The train companies that operate within this station include:.
- Please click here for access information for Great Northern.
- There is not a taxi rank at the station.
- Shops and services within the station include a newsagents.
- All key concourse shops and services have level access.
- There are 2 platform(s) in the station.
- The platform(s) accessed by steps only is / are 1 and 2.
Additional Station Information
- Announcements on platforms are audio and visual.
- Wider ticket barriers are available to access platforms.
- Platforms which have tactile markings at the platform edge are 1 and 2.
- Accessible toilets are located on the platform(s).
- Accessible toilets are located on platform(s) 1.
- Accessible toilets are not located on the main station concourse.
- There is not a wheelchair available to borrow.
Level Change (Subway Access to Platforms 1 and 2)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located beyond the ticket barriers and to the rear of the subway.
- There is/are 15+ step(s) to the area/service.
- The lighting levels at the step(s) are moderate to good.
- There is tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
- The accessible toilet was out of use at the time of the survey (17/02/2020).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on platform 1.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 21m (22yd 2ft) from the the stairs on platform 1.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels in the female and male toilets are moderate to good.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.