- The land for the cemetery was bought by Harrow Cemetery Board in 1887 and was consecrated the following year. .
- As well as being the final resting place for many local people there are 56 Commonwealth War Graves Commission burials within the cemetery. .
- The cemetery is designated by Harrow Council as a site of local importance for nature conservation.
- The venue has seasonal opening times.
- January, February, March & October 9am-5.30pm.
- May, June, July & August 9am-8pm.
- April & September 9am-7pm.
- November & December 9am-4pm.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Harrow-on-the-Hill.
- The nearest underground station is Harrow-on-the-Hill.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located just beyond the main entrance.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 0 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Access Point (Main Entrance - Vehicular Access)
- This information is for the access point located on Pinner Road.
- There is not an information board/map at this access point.
- There is step-free access at this access point.
- There is a gate which opens away from you (push).
- The gate is easy to open.
- The gate has a padlock.
- There are bollards at this access point.
- The gate opening is 350cm.
The gate is held open by a traffic cone.
Access Point (Pedestrian Entrance via Harrow Recreation Ground)
- This information is for the access point located in Harrow Recreation Ground.
- There is stepped access at this access point.
- There is a gate which opens towards you (pull).
- The gate is easy to open.
- The gate has a sliding bolt lock.
- The width of the gap is 104cm.
- This gate is accessed via the paved tarmac path running through Harrow Recreation Ground. The ground is muddy and leads through to a mud/gravel path within the cemetery.
- The step(s) is/are located at the gate.
- There is/are 1 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are not between 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 5cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are not between 30cm and 45cm.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- There is a wide tarmac road (220cm) through the centre of the cemetery. The road has a surface of loose chippings.
- The graves are situated in rough and uneven grassy areas either side of the road. Wheelchair users will need assistance if they venture off the road.
- The road goes to the far end of the cemetery.
- On either side of the cemetery there is a wide (approx 4m) grass walkway. It is uneven in places.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.