Show Easy Read
- Related linkhttp://www.disabledgo.com/access-guide/london-borough-of-lambeth/lark-hall-primary-school---main-building.
- Related linkhttp://www.disabledgo.com/access-guide/london-borough-of-lambeth/lark-hall-primary-school---lower-building.
- Larkhall Children's centre is a safe and exciting place to be. We offer fun learning, support and develpment for children and their families. We offer many different sessions that parents/ carers and children can attend such as the popular stay and play sessions including messy play, creative stay and play, active play and baby stay and paly sessions as well as 'parents drop in' sessions with the outreach workers to discuss any problems you may have. We value our parents/ carers opinions and aim to provide sessions based on what parents/carers would like to see.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Clapham High Street.
- The nearest underground station is Stockwell.
- Monday 09:00 - 16:30.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 16:30.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 16:30.
- Thursday 09:00 - 16:30.
- Friday 09:00 - 16:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located at the front of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The width of the door opening is 99cm (3ft 3in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The desk/counter is 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played at various times.
- Motorised scooters are not allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is an/are accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- In the reception area.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 83cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 162cm x 203cm (5ft 4in x 6ft 8in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
- The coat hook is within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 136cm (4ft 6in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets that were surveyed are located at the rear of the building, to the left.
- The unisex toilet(s) is/are 7m (7yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the unisex toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 92cm (3ft).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Home visits / services are available.