- Services / facilities within the building include multipurpose hall, kitchen.
- Related link The Green Man.
- The Barn is a multipurpose hall/ function room available to hire to groups and individuals. There are plans to obtain a licence to hold civil ceremonies at the building.
- It is owned and managed by Phoenix Community Housing as part of The Green Man community hub.
- No staff are based at The Barn. For enquiries, please contact or visit The Green Man - see the link to the separate guide above.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Beckenham Hill.
- The information in this section was taken in March 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The Barn is open for pre-booked events only.
- Please contact the venue or check the website for the events calendar.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is unrestricted on-street parking in nearby roads.
- There are plans to allow Blue Badge parking on the market place area next to the building, which was being used by contractors' vehicles when we visited. This may include installing automatic bollards. Please contact the centre for details.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 84cm (2ft 9in).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are adjustable.
- It may be possible to use a portable induction loop from the main Green Man building on request.
- The pictures show the main hall and the kitchen which opens off it with a serving counter.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located in the foyer, opposite the main entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 142cm x 250cm (4ft 8in x 8ft 2in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 72cm (2ft 4in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is sensor.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary and waste paper pedal bin disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the left hand accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- There are two adjacent accessible toilets. The one described is on the left.
- The right hand toilet is a mirror image and has the transfer space on the right.
- The two accessible toilets are for the use of all the visitors to the centre.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.