- Abbey Gardens is an open-access harvest garden in the East London borough of Newham where anyone is welcome to participate in the communal growing of flowers, fruit and vegetables. Unlike the traditional allotment system, no one has their own patch and everyone gardens together at regular gardening sessions led by an experienced gardener. The produce is shared among volunteers and is also available to the local community in return for donations from one of the garden’s two Honesty Stalls.
- Monday Closed.
- Tuesday 13:00 - 15:00.
- Wednesday Closed.
- Thursday 16:00 - 19:00.
- Friday Closed.
- Saturday 10:00 - 16:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- The times above are for the gardening sessions.
- The gardens are open from dawn until dusk.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Stratford.
- The nearest underground station is Plaistow.
- The nearest DLR station is Abbey Road.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- Standard marked parking bays are located opposite the gardens, on Bakers Row.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Gate)
- This information is for the entrance located on Bakers Row.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double (with one leaf locked).
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 130cm (4ft 3in).
Parks and Gardens
- The park or garden does not have footpaths.
- There is a single wooden bench in the centre of the garden, roughly 13m from the gate.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located on the grass within the garden.