- Jenkins Lane is one of four household recycling centres shared by the London boroughs of Newham, Barking & Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge.
- Proof of residency is required for use of the centres.
- There are restrictions on the kind of waste which can be disposed of free of charge.
- Prior written authorisation must be obtained to dispose of some materials, such as from DIY contruction work. There are limits on the number of free visits allowed for these items.
- See the website for details.
- Please note that access would not generally be suitable for pedestrians.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Barking.
- The nearest underground station is East Ham.
- The nearest DLR station is Beckton.
- 07:30 – 17:45 Monday – Sunday.
- 07:30 – 16:30 Christmas Eve.
- Closed Christmas Day.
- 09:30 – 16:00 Boxing Day.
- 07:30 – 16:30 New Year’s Eve.
- 09:30 – 16:00 New Year’s Day.
- Trade opening hours
- 07:30 – 17:30 Monday – Sunday.
- Closed Christmas Day
- Closed New Year’s Day.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located off Jenkins Lane.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located at the end of the driveway.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park surface is block paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
- The maximum height is 175cm (5ft 9in).
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- At the end of the driveway there is a checkpoint for staff to check the visitor's proof of residency document.
- Drivers are then directed to the appropriate areas to dispose of items.
- Vehicles which are too tall to pass under the entrance barrier will need to use the alternative route via the commercial vehicle weighbridge.
- There are a variety of containers and drop-off points for the different materials to be disposed of or recycled.
- Some involve lifting the material over a wall or up steps into a container.
- There are many staff available on site to offer assistance and it is their policy to do so. This can include unloading materials from cars if required.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Although there are not public toilets available, we were advised that staff would use their discretion to allow access to the staff toilets if required.
- These are in a portable building ahead from the vehicle checkpoint.
- There are three deep steps with handrails to both sides to access the toilets.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located at the edge of the compound.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- Home visits / services are available.
- The waste service offers a home collection scheme for bulky waste household items.
- This is chargeable for all users.