- Roast is located in the Floral Hall at Borough Market on the first floor.
- There is open access into the market.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the area.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- This venue is situated in Southwark.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is London Bridge.
- The nearest underground station is London Bridge.
- The venue is in a shopping mall.
- Due to the current circumstance this venue is temporarily closed.
- Please contact the venue for details of opening times.
- Please click here for information on opening times.
- The venue is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday to Saturday and for lunch on Sunday.
- The bar is open for longer hours.
- Please see the restuarant website for details.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Union Car Parks.
- The car park is located on St Thomas Street near the venue.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- Standard marked parking bays are located on Park Street opposite the venue.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) both ways.
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 113cm (3ft 8in).
Other Floors (Main Entrance)
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G and 1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Lift (Main Entrance)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located in The Floral Hall of Borough Market.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G and 1.
- The lift is approximately 20m (21yd 2ft) from the Borough Market entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 104cm x 190cm (3ft 5in x 6ft 3in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- The lift leads straight into the restaurant.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the restaurant/bar.
- Full table service is available.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 10m (32ft 10in) from the lift.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 63cm (2ft 1in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Menus are hand held only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is varied.
- There is a raised area accessed by 4 deep steps at the rear of the restaurant.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
- The accessible toilet cubicle was being used for storage at the time of the survey.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is tactile signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 4m (4yd 1ft) from the lift.
- This accessible toilet is located to the right as you exit the lift, behind reception.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
- This is by lift.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a lever twist.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 83cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 220cm (4ft 11in x 7ft 3in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 83cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary and waste paper pedal bin disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 50cm (1ft 8in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 126cm (4ft 2in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is poor.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The sign on the toilet door is tactile white on a white door, so it is hard to see.
- At the time of the survey (January 2018) there was a coat rail on wheels inside the toilet.
- Staff advised that the rail would be moved out in advance if there was a booking from a party including someone who would need the accessible toilet, or immediately at any time the toilet was needed.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located ahead as you exit the lift.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 7m (7yd 1ft) from the lift.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- The restaurant also has a takeaway kiosk 'Roast to go' at market level, next to the entrance.